The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has laid out their strategic plan and priorities for the coming years.
I. Recruit, support and retain teachers and principals
II. Build a foundation of reading and math
III. Connect high school to career and college
IV. Improve low-performing schools
ESC Region 12 works to align our activities and priorities with the TEA strategic plan to help improve outcomes for all public school students.
The tabs below are our Critical Success Factors and outline our strategies to meet these priorities or view the infographic (PDF)
1. Professional development designed to target specific instructional delivery in reading, writing and math proficiency.
Meets SP II
2. Professional development for teachers & administrators addressing needs of diverse learners, including low socioeconomic students.
Meets SP I, II, IV
3. Partner with LEAs/community agencies and workforce agency to provide resources and support for early childhood outcomes.
4. Partner with industry and community agencies to provide college and career activities to secondary students.
5. Increase ESC staff expertise to provide instructional assistance to LEAs/open enrollment charter schools with a C-rating or below in the new A-F system.
1. Professional development and support for campus leaders focusing on the role of principal as instructional coach.
2. Implement communication tools for campus and district leadership, providing targeted and timely guidance.
Meets SP I, IV
1. Provide opportunities for family and school/community events and activities.
Meets SP IV
1. Instructional Coaching - sustainable, relevant, customizable professional development and support for PreK - 12 teachers.
2. T-TESS statewide roll-out training and support, focusing on personalized learning and professional growth.
Meets SP I
3. Implement critical support activities to support LEAs to recruit and retain teachers and principals.
4. Enhance quality of principal and teacher preparation programs anchored in standards aligned to curriculum with appropriate benchmarks.
1. Formative and summative assessment techniques for teachers and administrators to provide a base for understanding use of all formats of data to drive instruction.
2. Professional development and technical assistance for districts connecting TEKS to data.
1. Provide professional development and support for digital innovation and instructional technology to address the needs of 21st century learners.
Meets SP III
1. Provide professional development and support in restorative discipline practices.
2. Provide training for school administrators in the area of student disproportionality, including emphasis on behavior strategies and alternative practices.
2101 West Loop 340
Waco, TX 76712
Phone: (254) 297-1212
Main Fax: (254) 666-0823
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday - 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
About Us | Vendor Information | Policies | Required Postings | Directory
Copyright © Education Service Center Region 12 2017. All rights reserved.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM